Hi Marcel,

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 13:49 -0800, ext Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Aki,

> > > So you did consider the complexity on both sides, ofonod and timed? And
> > > not just looked at one side of picture?
> >
> > Timed also needs to follow the registration status, namely the MNC/MCC
> > of the registered network.  This information it needs to be able to find
> > the correct timezone, as the UTC offset alone only indicates the
> > geographic longitude for the timezone.
> >
> > Factor that in to the equation, and timed already needs to enumerate
> > available modems, call GetProperties, and listen to the
> > NetworkRegistration interface's PropertyChanged signals.
> >
> > However, if we refactor the time plugin to also send the MNC/MCC pair --
> > or better yet, the ISO country code based on MCC or even the actual
> > timezone from matching zone.tab entry -- then following netreg is no
> > longer needed.
> >
> > *Then* I agree a method call is actually a lot simpler from timed point
> > of view; all it needs to do is implement a single method on some
> > org.ofono.NetworkTimeConsumer interface and not worry about enumerating
> > modems via ModemManager or listening on any signals.
>
> we are doing the country alpha2 matching to MCC already in ConnMan for
> the WiFi regulatory enforcement update. I am not sure that I wanna copy
> these tables around all the time.
>
> So the struct ofono_nettime_context has already a reference to struct
> ofono_modem, so why not add a reference to the struct ofono_netreg and
> then you have the MCC/MNC details available inside the plugin.

If I would like to do conversion from mcc to alpha2 in ofono, what would
be your suggestion for doing this. I noticed that in connman you have
mcc.h that contains the mapping array, but in ofono we don't have such
an array. As a temporary solution, would it be feasible to just import
the mcc.h to ofono until a more generic solution is implemented?

Best Regards,
 Antti