Hi Denis,

> >> What exactly is the _NONE addrconf for?  And why don't we use
> >> a gboolean
> >> here like before?
> >
> > Neither "static" nor "DHCP" makes sense for IPv6. If we
> have an IPv6 only context, the "Method" property will not
> show up at all.
>
> What about combined V4 V6 contexts? What method do you use
> there, since
> NONE doesn't exactly fit?

The driver will call the ofono_gprs_context_set_ip_addrconf() method to set
either STATIC or DHCP configuration method for IPv4. NONE is just a deault
intializer, so the "Method" property doesn't show up in the "Settings" dict,
unless actually set by the driver.

> I'd rather see this be ignored for IPv6
> contexts or that we separate the IPv4 and IPv6 configuration into two
> separate batches.

That's the idea. If we find that IPv6 needs some additional support, the plan
is to add a new ofono_gprs_context_set_ipv6_addrconf() method, which sets the
the address configuration method for IPv6. That would be associated with a new
"IPv6Method" property in the settings dict. At the moment I don't know if we
need this, until the driver writers start implemeting IPv6 support for their
modems.

Regards,

        MikaL