Hi guys,

>>I agree with you , both bearers are almost similar.Minor difference i
>>see are context managment (especially default context creation) and some
>>eps related spill over on other existing atoms (For ex SIM would not
>>contain some ISIM (IMPU/IMPI)related stuff).My idea is seperate atoms
>>solution would even work for legacy switch back(CSFB) too with a minimal
>>impact on exiting architecture.Your comments on these ideas would also
>>very valuable here as i assume you have real modem unlike me.
>>
>My main concern is about LTE only modems, these ones would not register gprs
>atom so all stuff from gprs atom needs to be done in eps atom, plus CEREG
>and initial PDN. Than if you have a mix modem with 3G and LTE than all this
>"stuff"
>would be done twice without some additional logic. Sounds complicated to me.
>About initial PDN, acually I think it can be placed in gprs atom
>too, it won't influence 3G modems at all and we have +CGEV: handling there
>already
>(maybe not the strongest argument but would make things easier).

I agree, the differences between 2G/3G and LTE are not so big so it'll be
better if we keep the logic in the existing atoms.
A lot of LTE AT commands were extended from 2G/3G to support LTE.

A good approach would be to extend netreg and gprs atoms to handle lte
including initial default bearer (as part of attach procedure) and dedicated
bearers( secondary context in 2G/2G).

For the concepts that are not present in 2G and 3G, such as IMS related
concepts then we can use a dedicated atom.

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros