Hi Forest,

On 03/04/2013 10:48 AM, Forest Bond wrote:
Hi Denis,

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 08:34:29PM -0600, Denis Kenzior wrote:
-       ofono_netreg_create(modem, 0, "atmodem", data->modem);
+       if (data->have_gsm == TRUE) {
+               ofono_netreg_create(modem, 0, "atmodem", data->modem);
+       } else if (data->have_cdma == TRUE) {
+               /*
+                * Once we have CnS protocol support, we should be able to do
+                * netreg that way instead of using the same port for both.
+                */
+               ofono_cdma_netreg_create(modem, 0, "sierramodem", data->modem);
+               ofono_cdma_connman_create(modem, OFONO_VENDOR_SIERRA,
+                                               "cdmamodem", data->modem);
+       }

Ah I see what you're doing now.  This is really not going to work
too well if you have just one AT port available...

I'm looking to pick this series back up now.  I understand the implementation is
not ideal, but it at least provides for basic connectivity until we have support
for the CnS protocol.  Will you accept the full series if I address the other
issues with the code that you mentioned?

If we accept something upstream we assume full responsibility for the code, and everything that entails, including future maintenance. Thus we do not have a habit of accepting functionality that is inherently broken. So unless you can convince me otherwise, my answer is: "I'd rather not" ;)

Regards,
-Denis