Hi Pavel,

>>> Wow, okay.  You might want to try using the qmi driver family instead.
>>
>> I would switch to QMI since then you can also ignore this weird multiplexer.
>
> More explanation needed it seems:
>
> I can already do USB with AT commands, no multiplexer needed. We'd
> actually prefer to go over serial (with multiplexer), because USB
> needs to be powered down in idle, and you still need communication
> ovre serial to know that wakeup of USB is needed.
>
> Yes, it is complex :-(.

I missed the part that the weird serial multiplexer is wired independently.
Then do everything via that serial multiplexer and never look back. However if
that is as broken, then you will be really out of luck. Making this work
reliable will be really hard.

While we have seen QMI protocol issues as well, but they have been less bad
than the bolted on AT commands. Manufactures always get AT commands wrong since
they let humans test it and not a real telephony stack like oFono.

Regards

Marcel