Hi!

> > More explanation needed it seems:
> >
> > I can already do USB with AT commands, no multiplexer needed. We'd
> > actually prefer to go over serial (with multiplexer), because USB
> > needs to be powered down in idle, and you still need communication
> > ovre serial to know that wakeup of USB is needed.
> >
> > Yes, it is complex :-(.
>
> I missed the part that the weird serial multiplexer is wired independently.
> Then do everything via that serial multiplexer and never look back. However
> if that is as broken, then you will be really out of luck. Making this work
> reliable will be really hard.
>
> While we have seen QMI protocol issues as well, but they have been less bad
> than the bolted on AT commands. Manufactures always get AT commands wrong
> since they let humans test it and not a real telephony stack like oFono.

Yes, I understand why AT commands are bad. IIRC messages should work
over qmi... but voice calls do not:

user@devuan:/my/ofono$ sudo python test/dial-number 604343103
Using modem /gobi_0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test/dial-number", line 40, in <module>
      path = vcm.Dial(number, hide_callerid)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line
        70, in __call__
            return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py",
 line 145, in __call__
 **keywords)
 File
 "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py",
 line 651, in call_blocking message, timeout) dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
 org.ofono.Error.NotImplemented: Implementation not provided
user@devuan:/my/ofono$

Communication with modem is definitely happening:

ofonod[7881]: drivers/qmimodem/network-registration.c:event_notify()
ofonod[7881]: drivers/qmimodem/network-registration.c:event_notify()
signal with 80%(-55 dBm) on 5
ofonod[7881]: src/network.c:ofono_netreg_strength_notify() strength 80
ofonod[7881]: drivers/qmimodem/network-registration.c:event_notify()
ofonod[7881]: drivers/qmimodem/network-registration.c:event_notify()
signal with 100%(-54 dBm) on 5

ofono supports voice calls over qmi, right? Is it possible that
mdm6600 does not support them?

qmicli has some voice options, but not option to do a call, either...

user@devuan:/my/ofono$ qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --voice-get-config
error: couldn't open the QmiDevice: Cannot open device file '/dev/cdc-wdm0':
Permission denied
user@devuan:/my/ofono$ sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --voice-get-config
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully retrieved Voice configuration:
Current TTY mode: 'off'Current Preferred Voice SO:
        NAM ID: '0'
        EVRC capability: 'enabled'
        Home Page Voice SO: 'evrc'
        Home Origination Voice SO: 'evrc'
        Roaming Origination Voice SO: 'evrc'
AMR Status:
        GSM: 'enabled'
        WCDMA: 'not-supported, gsm-hr-amr' (0x0005)
Current Voice Privacy Preference: 'enhanced'
user@devuan:/my/ofono$ sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0
--voice-get-supported-messages
error: couldn't get supported VOICE messages: QMI protocol error (71):
'InvalidQmiCommand'
user@devuan:/my/ofono$

Thanks,
                                                                        Pavel