On 22 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] scribbled a note about Re: [Ogf-l] SRD released
(apparantly):

> I'd say that it's a pretty smart thing to do.  If you have a wide
> reaching PI declaration that covers a lot of your important PI then
> you can use that PI declaration again and again and it'll protect you
> from inadvertently leaving out a PI declaration on one of your
> important characters, phrases, or marks.

Now here is a thought. What is to stop somebody from using BOTH the
3.0 SRD and the 3.5 SRD (i.e. claiming them in the Section 15 of
their OGL). Since "d20" was apparently not PI in the 3.0 SRD, this
would appear to allow them to use it.

How would using two sources, with conflicting PI work anyways?

-------------------------------

Additionally, I have been thinking about the post that asked how you
close something after you open it.

I think that he has a point here. "d20" as an individual term/phrase
has been opened. That has then spread through a number of other OGL
products.

WOTC cannot decide to close it later on. They can decide to use their
own PI in non-open products, but I really do not think that they can
close something once they have opened it.

TANSTAAFL
Rasyr (Tim Dugger)
 System Editor
 Iron Crown Enterprises - http://www.ironcrown.com