In a message dated 7/22/03 7:44:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<If I can source something from the public domain, then I'm clearly >not<
forced to source it from your PI claim, ergo, I'm not violating your PI
claim. (Your PI claim is essentially worthless).

Ryan

Ryan, how then does the license offer PI protection to "concepts".  Concepts, unless patented as a process, are always in the public domain.  You can't copyright or trademark a concept, can you?  Maybe a single, specific _expression_ of a concept, but not a concept itself?

I think your readings of the license might make more sense to me if there weren't things on the PI list that don't seem like they are subject to most normal forms of IP protection involving written works ("concepts" and "poses", for example).

Lee