This touches on a debate from a few weeks ago. Let's say company ABC
releases a magic item called "Holy Handpick" and PI's the name and
company XYZ releases a magic item called "holy handpick" but as 100%
OGC, no PI. Could I source the name "Holy Handpick" from the OGC source
and then source the items description from the PI'ed source? Would that
be valid under the OGL in you opinion? Or is the name off limits because
I sourced part of the item from a source that PI'ed the name?
(I am not trying to do this but it was a hot topic)

Bryan

---- Orginal Message From Ryan Dancey ----
Because, and this is the point you keep missing:  IT DOESN'T ENCOMPASS
ANYTHING EXCEPT THE WORK LICENSED.  The OGL doesn't say anything about
"all use of any content identified in this work as Product Identity from
any source".

"Product Identity" is scoped to the work licensed.  If the same content
comes from some other source, that other source is >not< Product
Identity, even if it is exactly the same content.

Anything that comes in from beyond the scope of the licensed work is
handled solely by standard copyright and trademark laws.  Period.