--- "Gillispie, Bryan W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Actually he isn't a jerk and isn't stopping you from using his open
> content. What the author is doing is 100% on the up and up and is
> ALLOWED by the OGL. Furthermore, the author has included a license to
> use his PI for FREE! He just wants to ensure that he gets credit for his
> creation, is that wrong or unethical?

Yes.  If he wants to ensure that he retains credit, then he should not declare
the name as PI.  That way, anyone who wants to trace the OGL back to its
source need only check section 15 of the license... that's how the OGL is
designed.  If he doesn't like the way the OGL is designed, he shouldn't use
it.

> In most cases 99% of what you want to reuse is reusable. Is it a pain to
> have to go through and take out the PI? Yes, but if you want to use the
> stuff so badly why not just take what was offered and create the rest?

That's exactly what I'm saying he should do.  Change "Shadow Weapon" which is
a PI term, and replace it with "Weapon of Shadow" which is not.

=====
"Let me be clear: Analysts differed on several important aspects of these
programs and those debates were spelled out in the [national intelligence]
estimate [of october 2002].  They never said there was an imminent threat. "
--  CIA director George Tenet, 2/5/2004, Georgetown University
""Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the
Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal
weapons ever devised. . . . The terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions
and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country
or any other."
-- "President" George Bush, 3/17/2003, 48-hour warning to Saddam Hussein