I cant believe this is causing a headache. Come on,
people. Be problem solvers for god's sake, not
gripers.

The license requires you to duplice their section 15
exactly. That's that. Do it.

BUT there is nothing that says you can't add some
stuff parenthetically afterwards.

For example, here could be your section 15:

Your product, copyright You, author You.

Offending Product Name, and the above designated
Product Identity are Copyright, Year, Publisher.

OK, so the above entry is the part that causes you
problems. Why not just add this beneath it:

[Note, the above entry was required to be reproduced
exactly pursuant to paragraph XXX of the Open Game
License; however, its reference "and the above
designated Product Identity" refers to the Product
Identity designated in Offending Product Name, not
THIS product, and does not in any way alter the
designation of Product Identity in THIS work nor does
it alter the ownership of the content of this work.]

How about that for a solution? And you dont have to
alter their entry (which we all agree is lame) to
achieve your goal.

Clark

=====
http://www.necromancergames.com