> Listen, read the definition of "derivative works" under Title 17.

I think you may be making a mistake in believing that "derivative works" as
defined in Title 17 is interchangeable with "derivative material" as defined
by the OGL.  I would contend that Ryan (or others) may have chosen to use
the word "material" in place of the word "works" to specifically separate it
as a definition of its own, albeit one that derives some of its character
from the definition of "derivative works".  Perhaps Ryan can chime in on
that subject if he has the opportunity.

> Then I recommend that you review the ad nauseum debates on the nature of
PI in the archives.

I should have addressed this sooner, since it is something you have
mentioned more than once.  I have been following Ryan's lists nearly since
they became available to anyone with an Internet connection and am well
aware of the various discussions on the lists.  I have read them back to the
beginning of what is available and have searched them often when I felt they
were a worthwhile resource for some topic of interest to me.  Someone
choosing not to debate the various conclusions drawn in those discussions
does not signify someone's agreement with those conclusions nor do the
conclusions drawn in those discussions necessarily have legal standing
regardless of the persons involved in those discussions or the number of
people who agree with any particular conclusion.

I wish I had more time to discuss this but my assertions and/or opinions on
the matters I have been recently debating will have to stand for themselves
for the time being.  I wish you all well and hope that we can continue to
discuss things at a future time with respect and no hard feelings when we
disagree.

As always,
Mark Clover
Creative Mountain Games