> I personally think it's foolhardy to do an OGC
> extract day one and
> distributing it widely.  That may sink somebody's
> peak sales a bit and discourage them
> from publishing stuff later.  Legal?  Sure.
> Ethical?  I can't say something is
> unethical if I've intentionally licensed somebody to
> do it.  Foolhardy?
> Probably, because it might discourage fewer releases
> that are largely OGC.

I agree. I dont think a publisher can say it is
unethical for someone to do a "day 1" extraction of
the content. The license allows it. But it is
foolhardy. A day 1 extraction would encourage a
publisher to actively attempt to limit their OGC in
future releases. Believe me, if I wanted to "cripple"
OGC, I could. So could anyone else. I think we all
agree we want to move away from that and move to freer
and broader OGC designations. Day 1 extractions will,
IMHO, put a damper on publiser's desire to be free and
broad with their designations.

Clark

=====
http://www.necromancergames.com