At 2:04 -0700 5/31/04, Clark Peterson wrote:
> Valid point. As with a lot of things, if you take
 any position but
 the most-extreme (at either extreme), it is a
 somewhat-arbirtary
 position, often without objective support for why
 your position is
 valid and one just a little bit to either side of
 yours is not.

I dont know about arbitrary, but I agree with your point. How about instead of arbitrary we just say unsettled. I do believe my position is correct and is not arbitrary. I have what I believe is objective support for it. But reasonable minds can certainly differ on the topic and it is unsettled in that no one has said definitively what is right or wrong. (by the way, this is not to buy into the "scary grey area" debate, which I dont agree with, but simply to say that reasonable minds can differ on things and not be arbitrary in their positions or disagreements).

Fair enough. Sounds like a semantic issue to me, but if you prefer "unsettled", i'm ok with it. I was just going for "no one, absolute, incontrovertible, objective truth".
--
woodelf <*>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm not poor, I just own a very select group of money. Only the crispest
bills and clinkiest bits of change are fit to grace my pockets. --Paul
Mather