<snip>
The Second Circuit's logic is similar to my own on the subject.  Extrapolating from those premises, the core rules of D&D are not protectable via copyright.  The inclusion of a number of the various fantasy races and/or classes is probably not protectable via copyright.
<snip>
Wow! Your list of things that are probably not protected by copyright sounds very similar to the list of things included in the SRD.

I wonder if there is some connection. A sort of "if you can't beat 'em join em" aspect to the OGL.

David Shepheard
Webmaster
Virtual Eclipse Science Fiction Role Playing Club
http://virtualeclipse.aboho.com/