--- Tavis Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

However, the Masters and Minions booksare not covered by the d20STL, only by
the Open Game License, of whichthe relevant part seems to be section 7: "You
agreenot to indicate compatibility orco-adaptability with any Trademark or
Registered Trademark inconjunction witha work containing Open Game Content
except as expressly licensed inanother,independent Agreement with the owner of
such Trademark or RegisteredTrademark".

What's important here is the phrase "in conjunction."  It isn't "in" a work,
or "on" a work... I think it would take an attorney to bring in a LEGAL
argument, but to me, there are several options here:

1> This is a legal way to weasel out of section 7, allowing anyone who can
fake up a review to evade the trademark restrictions, and if it goes on too
long WotC is gonna get peeved and find some way to make life difficult.

2> This is NOT a legal way to weasel out of section 7, and if it goes on too
much WotC is gonna get peeved and start sending out cease-and-desist letters.

3> WotC doesn't care whether it's legal or not, and having people put
"Dungeons and Dragons" in their advertising copy doesn't do them any harm, so
they aren't going to get peeved, as long as they don't say, "Hey, play this
game instead of DnD, because this game's great and DnD sucks."

=====
"Either you're with us, or you're against us."
Translation:
"It's you and me against the world, and I'm not so sure about you."