Or the message could be: Don't make enemies, don't make mistakes,
don't steal other people's stuff, and you won't get in trouble.

Some ideas are insufficiently unique as to occur to more than one person. Each time I write up what I consider to be a new feat, game mechanic, or even story idea, I wonder how many other people have also thought of it, and how many have already published it, and I have never, and will probalby never, know. It would be easy to accidently violate their protected IP rights and not even know it until I got nailed by a lawsuit.

As a perfect example, I wrote up a robot idea on my website and gave it a name. I learned that a *word* used in the name was not unique only when a white supremicist group sent me a cease and desist letter for using their trademarked term. Ugly way to learn I had somehow, independently, without any prior exposure, violated someone's IP. Then, the dirtbags had the audacity to claim on their website successful defense against an infringement on their rights. *pfft* (Groups like that trademark terms in order to suppress critics.)
http://www.patric.net/morpheus/gurps/fkmk5.html

--
Morpheus Unbound [EMAIL PROTECTED] || http://www.patric.net/morpheus
"Dare to Chase Your Dreams"