--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You've claimed that people don't have to declare PI
> for it to be PI.  By
> default then, anything on the PI list is PI whether
> or not it is declared as PI,

Again, you are putting words into my mouth to attempt
to create a nondefensible stance. You are incorrectly
stating my opinion, and I am starting to think that
you doing it in a willful and purposeful manner.
Please stop.

Yes, actually, by default anything defined as product
identity by section 1 of the OGL is considered to be
product idenity under tha OGL. Thank you for restating
what I have been saying from the begining.

> making all the things on the PI eligibility list PI
> all the time even if they
> aren't declared as PI, since it is, by your claims,
> the existence of something
> on the PI eligibility list and not the PI
> declaration itself something that
> renders a thing PI.

Actually, no. You are still required to make a PI
declaration. The OGL says that you have to. We have
both pointed this out in our quotes, and I have
mentioned it in this thread as well. I have never said
that there is no need to make a PI declaration. I have
said that, according to the OGL that is not the only
thing which defines PI.

> And since a thing which is PI
> cannot be OGC, then anything
> on the PI eligibility list, declared or not, must be
> PI, and (by the license)
> therefore cannot be OGC.
>
> It's the logical extrapolation from claiming:
>
> a) all the stuff on the eligibility list is PI; and
> b) you don't have to declare your PI, PI just is PI

No it isn't a logical extension, and again you are
tyring to put words into my mouth to make your
increasingly asinine assumptions seem more credible.
Again, I have never once said that there is no need to
declare PI. However, you also need to realize that any
declaration of copyright and/or trademark is
considered to be PI as the OGL defines it.

> I attribute the stance to you, or the logical
> implications of what you are
> concluding about not having to:

You can attribute all that you want to me, however
that is not what I ahve been saying and you know that
it isn't. Creating a "logical" yet extreme example in
an attempt to discredit a person's view point is
nothing but bad rhetorical skill.

> Um.  People do this DAILY on RPGNOW.  Declaring
> 99.9% of the stuff on that PI
> list other than the title of the product as 100%
> OGC.  They declare
> characters, spells, creatures, etc. as 100% OGC.

Well, that is good for them. Is that a smart business
practice? No. Most of those people are only hobbyists
who are only selling product because the bar has been
so lowered for what it takes to become a "publisher."
That does not mean that it is a smart model to follow.