On 1 Mar 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] scribbled a note about Re: [OGF-L] The
Mysterious Third Type of Content:

> In that definition (parts that I trimmed) it made reference to U.S.
> copyright law, thereby drawing in the term of art "work" in the
> lexicon of the contract without redefining it in any substantive way.
> When you apply this license to a Work the work becomes OGC except the
> parts that are PI, because "any work covered by the license" is OGC.

The part of a product that you declare as Open Game Content is the
"Work" referenced as only what you declare as OGC is covered by the
license.

I have a 16 page product. I declare 1 page as OGC. As far as the
license is concerned, that 1 page IS the WORK as is mentioned within
the license. That, and anything you declare as PI. All other material
in the product, that is not listed as either, falls under normal
copyright laws.

TANSTAAFL
Rasyr (Tim Dugger)
 System Editor