Highmoon Media Productions wrote:

Personally I have a mind to simply ignore the PI declaration as it applies to these terms, which have obviously been in use before the Slaine comic or the game, but I wanted to ask for thoughts on the matter.

Given that you've provided alternate spellings or valid synonyms for most of the PI terms, I don't see what you would lose by choosing those variants and staying away from the ones they've claimed. Even though their claims are likely indefensible, how would you profit by getting into a scrape you could easily avoid?

If it were my project, I'd also give a definition or historical sidebar for the similar terms I used which would make it clear that the usage was derived from my own research and reading, not the Slaine comic.

Here's a technical question for the list - the SRD lists Product Identity that's not used in the text. Could you tweak Mongoose's nose by saying in your OGL declaration, or somewhere on your lawyer's page, "Tir Nan Og is Product Identity of the Slaine RPG by Mongoose... Tir na nOg is a public domain term derived from centuries of public domain myth and literature" and so forth?

- Tavis
www.behemoth3.com