Mark, what I'm saying isn't that it can't be used away from the d20 system,
but if you think it's not going to be associated that way you're mistaken.
To most people--publishers or customers--who know enough to even know what
you're talking about when you say "OGL", "d20" is the next thought that pops
into their head. If you're trying to brand away from that, you're not just
working to create a new branding, but you're also going to have to undo
existing branding. That makes it doubly difficult.

And people here may not like to hear negativity, but I think saying "wow,
that logo rocks on toast and would totally kick ass as a way to communicate
the OGL concept!" just because people don't want to hear anything to the
contrary is a total waste of everyone's time. Yours and mine. I'm offering
you comments based on what I've learned after a decade of helping some of
the world's largest companies with their branding and marketing while
working as a market researcher, just as others bring up legal questions
because there are lawyers on the list who can offer up their professional
opinion. If you don't want to hear that because the feedback is negative and
rains on your predisposed conclusions about what your logo is capable of
(and, indeed, even how it can be functionally be distributed), then why even
bring it up for discussion in an open forum to begin with? If I honestly
thought your logo achieved any of the goals you set for it, or if you were
putting forth the best possible way to spread it around to serve your stated
needs, you can be assured you'd have heard positive feedback from me.

Regards,

Steven Trustrum
     President For Life (or until the money runs out)
Misfit Studios

http://www.misfit-studios.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
416-857-2433