I do all of my SVN'ing from the CLI and svn copy works great for me.
For branch-to-branch copies it kind of sucks unless you have the
entire repository checked out. But stuff like this works great:

svn copy cpp.template new.cpp
svn copy trunk/file.txt branches/branchname/file.txt

It does *not* work well for copying folders and I always end up
screwing up and copying trunk to something like
branches/branchname/trunk/ ... I think this is what I do when I
branch:

svn copy http://svn.ignition-project.com/projectname/trunk
http://svn.ignition-project.com/projectname/releases/releasename

What problems are you guys having anyway?

(also, I wish your SVN was DAV like mine :( )

On 9/22/07, James Paige <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeah, svn copy is poorly named. It is really for creating branches, not
> for copying.
>
> ---
> James

Keith Gable
Lead Programmer / Project Leader
The Ignition Project <http://www.ignition-project.com/>

[Ask me how you can get a free Gmail account - Now with Google Chat!]