On 16 June 2013 07:11, James Paige <[email protected]> wrote: > On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 04:42:42AM +1200, Ralph Versteegen wrote: >> I haven't tried this yet, but why turn on the >> "CompatibilityHacksTextInputEmulatesHwKeyboard" option? The >> description seems to state it is only targetted for a single app. > > Without it, showing the keyboard caused the keyboard to display, and > then vanish again in a fraction of a second, and send an ENTER key Then > it would pop up again, and vanish again with another ENTER, and it would > repeat until close the program. > > When I turned on CompatibilityHacksTextInputEmulatesHwKeyboard then the > keyboard (at first glance) appeared to start working correctly.
Wow, that's pretty crazy. Surely that's a bug in SDL. >> Also >> I noticed in MainActivity.java that turning on this option disables >> the hideScreenKeyboard method, because the _screenKeyboard member is >> never set. > > Ah, that explains why it would not hide automatically. > > Also, after more testing this morning, I can see that the first call to > show_virtual_keyboard shows it okay, but if I leave it in screen and > rename a hero again, then it toggles off. > > So I am definitely not doing things right yet. I'll try again to get it > working without the compatability hacks. > >> Also, why call SDL_ANDROID_CallJavaShowScreenKeyboard and >> SDL_ANDROID_CallJavaHideScreenKeyboard directly instead of the public >> functions in SDL_screenkeyboard.h? > > Oh, I had no idea that those existed. I found the > SDL_ANDROID_CallJavaShowScreenKeyboard just by grepping the files in > sdl-android/projects/jni/sdl-1.2 and I failed to notice the better > functions. I'll try them next. They're thin wrappers, so I don't expect any difference. >> BTW, even after implementing io_show/hide_virtual_keyboard in >> gfx_directx, you should still check whether those function pointers >> are NULL before calling them, otherwise using an old version of >> gfx_directx.dll will cause a segfault > > How do I check a sub pointer for nullity? I can see how to check > functions that require >0 arguments, but how do I do > > IF subpointer = NULL THEN > > Without executing the sub or argumentless function? That works fine. Parentheses are required when calling a function or sub pointer for that reason. > --- > James > >> On 15 June 2013 09:58, <[email protected]> wrote: >> > james >> > 2013-06-14 14:58:21 -0700 (Fri, 14 Jun 2013) >> > 276 >> > Add show_virtual_keyboard() and hide_virtual_keyboard() and use them in >> > renamehero() >> > >> > * Does nothing on platforms/backends that don't support it >> > * Does nothing on non-Android >> > * hide_virtual_keyboard does not work yet, I have not figured out why, but >> > you can manually close it >> > --- >> > U wip/allmodex.bas >> > U wip/allmodex.bi >> > U wip/android/AndroidAppSettings.cfg >> > U wip/backends.bas >> > U wip/gfx.bi >> > U wip/gfx_alleg.bas >> > U wip/gfx_console.bas >> > U wip/gfx_fb.bas >> > U wip/gfx_sdl.bas >> > U wip/moresubs.bas >> > _______________________________________________ >> > Ohrrpgce mailing list >> > [email protected] >> > http://lists.motherhamster.org/listinfo.cgi/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org >> _______________________________________________ >> Ohrrpgce mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://lists.motherhamster.org/listinfo.cgi/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org >> > _______________________________________________ > Ohrrpgce mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.motherhamster.org/listinfo.cgi/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org _______________________________________________ Ohrrpgce mailing list [email protected] http://lists.motherhamster.org/listinfo.cgi/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org
