On 09/ 2/12 10:47 AM, Nick Zivkovic wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Magnus <mag...@yonderway.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/download/Project+pkg/files/ipsdevguide.pdf
>>
>> FWIW, I think this sort of response is a sign of ill health for Illumos.
>> We're still pointing to Oracle for our own documentation. And, as we should
>> know by now, Oracle has no problems withdrawing things from public view with
>> no warning.
>
> This documentation can probably be rewritten on the OI/Illumos wikis.
> I will do this.

The sources to that version of the developer guide are available, so you don't
need to rewrite from scratch:
https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/oracle/pkg-gate/file/tip/doc/dev-guide

(Later versions are instead in the internal doc publishing system, so the
 sources aren't readily available under a suitable license, but then, they
 document post-175 features that aren't in the IPS version that I believe OI
 is using.)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersm...@oracle.com