On 02/12/14 11:42 PM, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
Hi,

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
On 02/12/14 12:41 PM, Peter Tribble wrote:
(Ideally, you want other communities to build and distribute software
for you. That's one area where IPS is a huge obstacle - all this
repository stuff is an intolerable burden on third parties,

Nearly all package systems have repositories, what makes IPS more
intolerable
than the rest?   (Or had you just not noticed that support for package
archives,
basically tarball versions of IPS packages, was added to IPS in years past?

Oh, great, I did not know.

I have three computers, but the hardware for two of them is
not supported by OI. I can only install OI on third one,
but the WiFi network access is not supported.

So, basically I have to download through Windows or Linux,
but I do not known how to "ftp" or "wget" an update, or
anything which is not available in an ISO, from an IPS ?

I am the maintainer of ntfs-3g. How should I deposit an "IPS
package" on a plain web server I do not control ?
(see http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html)

Follow the instructions in the link I provided to use pkgrecv to
generate a .p5p archive on the machine you're using to create the
package:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26502_01/html/E21383/pkgcreate.html#gluem

Figuring out how you post a file on a web site you do not control is
your problem to solve - I can't help you there.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersm...@oracle.com