On 06/05/2014 17:19, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
I'd be *really* annoyed if command line printing went away.
> I don't care if it's lpd or lpr, but I work mostly in text
> mode using a stack of xterms, one per work project.   So
> having to start up a GUI window to print  could easily get
> annoying.  I use a2ps to format stuff to feed to lp.

These commands will not be purged, they are provided by
the CUPS package instead (see the file listing for print/cups)
in the package manager).

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php