A lot of people are pulling down OJB and failing to build and posting the about the problem,. Providing a convenient ant task to solve this, and clearly telling em about it in the build cycle might be nice.

Still wondering if there was an Apache Official Policy about it.

-Brian

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 11:55 AM, Andrew Gilbert wrote:

to classpath ref in build.xml and defined the property to point to a valid J2EE jar(s). In our case it is just one, weblogic, but would also work with reference J2EE jar or with multiple appropriate colon/semi-colon separated jars (jta, jca, etc).

Would be easy to then have ant fail if this property is not defined with instructions on what to do, pointer to deps, etc.

This overcomes some of logistical/click through problems with ftp/http, you don't impose assumptions about the packaging of the required J2EElibs on everyone, and it helps avoid muliple copies of jars all over the place. And it is easy to detect an undefined property, whereas not sure how you can reliably validate class path issues without some extra work or base assumptions about file naming.

Just 2 cents.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian McCallister [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 11:27 AM
To: OJB Users List
Subject: Re: building from CVS, problems

Was there ever a decision made about how to make obtaining
these easy?
The big licensing hullabaloo seems to have died off with no official
policy being decided.

Is it acceptable to ftp them from within ant?

Is it acceptable to take advantage of other open source projects who
happen to require the same jars (Jboss comes to mind) to
obtain the Sun
jars without going through Sun's click-through?

-Brian