I've got a similar questions about those tokens.

I'm at the point of deploying the libs and a few tests to my development
server, however the tests seems to be failing because the tokens are not
being replaced.

I assume in the following (from repository-database.xml) that those values
are supposed to come from the OJB.properties file, however in my test output
it looks like they are not getting parsed.

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
     jcd-alias="@JCD_ALIAS@"
     default-connection="true"
     platform="@DBMS_NAME@"
     jdbc-level="@JDBC_LEVEL@"
     driver="@DRIVER_NAME@"
     protocol="@URL_PROTOCOL@"
     subprotocol="@URL_SUBPROTOCOL@"
     dbalias="@URL_DBALIAS@"
     username="@USER_NAME@"
     password="@USER_PASSWD@"
     batch-mode="false"
        useAutoCommit="1"
        ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

I imagine this is a common problem, so can anyone tell me where the failure
originates, or how to solve it?

- Brill Pappin