From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 3:03 PM
To: OJB Users List
Subject: RE: OJB vs Hibernate

It doesn't really hurt anything, but why throw away numbers. Why waste a
key id number. I just makes the id number grow faster. I just find it to be
sloppy. I've never see a database that skips like that. I don't restart the
production app very often so there's no big deal there. Do you not see that
as a waste to increment the numbers like that?

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center
Vincennes University
(812)888-5813

                      "Lance Eason"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "OJB Users List" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      erwire.com>               cc:

                      03/31/03 03:38 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "OJB Users List"

Just as a philosophical question why do you care that it jumps the count by
10 when you restart?  The idea of a meaningless primary key is simply to
provide a unique identifier for the row.  What does it matter whether it's
continuous or not?