IMO yes!

It's the users responsibility to carefully check the semantics of the mapping repository.
If you define a cyclic structure OJB has no problem. But if you define a rule "if A is Loaded then refresh also the referenced B object" another rule "if B is Loaded then refresh also the referenced A object" OJB will do exactly what you told it to do!

Other O/R tools like TopLink behave similar!

cheers,
Thomas

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Is it acceptable for OJB to cause a StackOverflow Exception (infinite
recursion)? I get this when I do refresh="true" on bidirectional
references.  The problem isn't there if you don't say refresh, but in that
case, OJB doesn't produce reliable/consistent data.

David

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]