Hi again,

I see two options:
1. Before reloading objects, remove them (and all associated objects in question) from the cache, or most simply clear the cache. This will force OJB to perform a full load from the database

2. Use the EmptyCacheImpl.

Thomas

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I understand that, in one sense, OJB is doing exactly what I told it to do.
And I can accept the responsibility of defining things non-recursively.
But, that still leaves me in a boat where I can get invalid data structures
back from OJB.

David

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Thomas Mahler   |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
|         |           Sent by:        |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           04/03/2003 11:21|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "OJB Users   |
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      OJB Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                         |
  |        cc:
                                                              |
  |        Subject: Re: StackOverflow

IMO yes!

It's the users responsibility to carefully check the semantics of the
mapping repository.
If you define a cyclic structure OJB has no problem. But if you define a
rule "if A is Loaded then refresh also the referenced B object" another
rule "if B is Loaded then refresh also the referenced A object" OJB will
do exactly what you told it to do!

Other O/R tools like TopLink behave similar!

cheers,
Thomas

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Is it acceptable for OJB to cause a StackOverflow Exception (infinite
recursion)? I get this when I do refresh="true" on bidirectional
references.  The problem isn't there if you don't say refresh, but in

that

case, OJB doesn't produce reliable/consistent data.

David

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient,

please

refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]