Thomas Mahler wrote:
2 - Multiple indirections
User has a m:n relation with Profile which has m:n relation with Role. I
want to put a link User -> Role in my object model. Is it possible to
specify such a link that has to go through the tables :
TUSER->TUSER_PROFILE->TPROFILE->TPROFILE_ROLE ?

I am not sure what exactly you want to do. OJB queries provide path-expressions that allow to specify such joins across an arbitrary number of joined tables (see query html for details).

cheers,
Thomas

Path expressions are working on object attributes and can be use in queries (correct me if I am wrong).
I want to specify a join accross multiple tables in my deployment descriptor. Something like a <collection-descriptor> with multiple "indirection-table".
I think this is not possible and I'll investigate another way : adding a view in my database to simplify my schema : it is possible to work vith views in OJB, isn't it ?

Seb