Hi Brian,

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:51:21 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> (snipped)
>
>1) A Cache implementation that only provides java object identity ( = )
>within a single transaction boundary. I am not sure how this would work, may
>have to hack around some. Cache might clone the object and return the clone
>within transactional boundaries, but I am not sure the cache can detect
>transactions. Maybe use cglib to return a derived proxy that handles things.
>Hmmm. Must go poke when I have a chance.

Isn't that what ObjectCachePerBrokerImpl does? I believe it clears the
cache whenever a PB instance is closed, which happens when a
transaction (ODMG at least) is committed or aborted. I was also
thinking of relying on this to safely pass domain object out to
clients.

Cheers,
Gerhard