Hi,

>>Perhaps you should look at using proxies on your collections first

This would be a nice idea, but the problem is, that if i am right about what
is taking time, it is the updating of a set of objects.

When a page is submitted, each of about 30 objects are loaded, updated,
stored, and the cache cleared.

The problem here is that each of these objects is referencing two objects,
which will each cause the loading of hundreds of other objects.  If i can
proxy these two references, i think it will almost completely solve the
problem on it's own.

I think i understand proxying now, (the interface requirement makes a LOT of
sense once you know what you've got to do and try to think why!)

Thanks to everyone on this list for all your help, and patience.

Daniel.