Hi,

> > I don't think that the current documentation was meant to imply that
> > it only works for Oracle, however, the docs are out of sync with CVS
> > at the moment. OJB CVS has support for using repository.xml to define
> > sp's for insert, update, and delete of objects.
>
> Well, the question is how stable is CVS now - and when could we expect
> the version supporting stored procs? Week, month, year?

If you mean an "official" release, that I can't say for sure, but talk on the dev list
gives me the impression that it will be "soon". Sorry I can't be more specific than
that, perhaps Thomas or Armin could provide a better estimate.

>I don't mind
> trying CVS - but I have to be sure the release of our project
> will have
> some stable version of OJB to ship with.

Well, that will likely depend on your release date and the schedules of OJB developers.

> > If you can't/do not wish to get CVS code, you should still be able to
> > make it work with MS SQL using the current documentation, just
> > implement your stored procedures as you would normally and ignore the
> > Oracle-specific parts of the docs.
>
> Well, current documentation only explains some steps people taken to
> support Oracle stored procs (in some package com.xxx:) - not even the
> existing support in OJB.

Right. The current docs don't address "native" stored proc support, because it wasn't
there at the time. You would have to create the customized OJB components as stated in
the docs (using your own packaging scheme, com.xxx is just illustrative), and then
configure OJB.properties to use these components.