From: Sergey V. Oudaltsov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 10:29 AM
To: OJB Users List
Subject: RE: Stored procedures in MS SQL

> I don't think that the current documentation was meant to imply that
> it only works for Oracle, however, the docs are out of sync with CVS
> at the moment. OJB CVS has support for using repository.xml to define
> sp's for insert, update, and delete of objects.

Well, the question is how stable is CVS now - and when could we expect
the version supporting stored procs? Week, month, year? I don't mind
trying CVS - but I have to be sure the release of our project will have
some stable version of OJB to ship with.

> If you can't/do not wish to get CVS code, you should still be able to
> make it work with MS SQL using the current documentation, just
> implement your stored procedures as you would normally and ignore the
> Oracle-specific parts of the docs.

Well, current documentation only explains some steps people taken to
support Oracle stored procs (in some package com.xxx:) - not even the
existing support in OJB.

--
Sergey