hi robert,

you're the first ! the feature was not requested before. please file a feature request in scarab.
i'll have a look at it.

jakob

Robert Coup wrote:

Hi all,

I find the PB Query interface nice to use, and we're wrapping it on the UI side
of our application to allow users to do some simple querying. Then I ran into a
small problem - there is no addNotCriteria! :)

Since you need AND, OR, and NOT to make any boolean expression it seems a bit
strange that it isn't in there...

and while you can do:
  A.a=1 and A.b!=1 and A.c!=1
you can't 'not' a whole sub-criteria:
  A.a=1 and NOT (A.b=1 or A.c=1)

Was there any particular reason that it was left out, or any easy work-around
bearing in mind the query structure could be a lot more complex than my example?

OTOH, where would I look to add it? From my brief glance around Criteria I would
need to add another Type, but the code to go from Criteria to SQL i didn't find...

Thanks,

Rob :)