hi brian,

you're *right*, he's using ODMG and it's not needed there.

jakob

Brian McCallister wrote:

I think he said he was using ODMG, in which case that shouldn't be needed. I *think*.

-Brian

On Dec 23, 2003, at 11:17 AM, Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

hi erik,

have tried setting auto-retrieve="true" in your collection-descriptor named "specifications" ?

jakob

Erik Engstrom wrote:

Howdy,
Thanks for the great software! I have just upgraded from RC4 to RC5 and
it looks like you guys have made a lot of progress (especially in the
docs). I have an issue though, not sure if its something Im doing or if
something broke. If I use RC5 my collections are properly stored in the
database but are not retrieved when the application is restarted.
Here is a snippet of my repository descriptor:
<class-descriptor class="us.mn.state.dot.freebay.MinimumSpecification"
table="MINIMUM_SPECIFICATIONS">
<field-descriptor name="name"
column="NAME"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
primarykey="true"/>
<field-descriptor name="equipmentTypeId"
column="EQTP_TYPE_ID"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"
required="true"
access="anonymous"/>
<field-descriptor name="value"
column="VALUE"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"/>
<field-descriptor name="description"
column="DESCRIPTION"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"/>
<field-descriptor name="units"
column="UNITS"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
required="true"/>
<field-descriptor name="required"
column="REQUIRED_YN"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
conversion="us.mn.state.dot.freebay.persist.odmg.BooleanToVarcharConve rter"/>
<reference-descriptor name="equipmentType"
class-ref="us.mn.state.dot.freebay.EquipmentType">
<documentation>This is the reference to a MinimumSpecification's
EquipmentType</documentation>
<foreignkey field-ref="equipmentTypeId"/>
</reference-descriptor> </class-descriptor>
<class-descriptor class="us.mn.state.dot.freebay.EquipmentType"
table="EQUIPMENT_TYPES">
<field-descriptor name="id"
column="TYPE_ID"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"
primarykey="true"
autoincrement="true"/>
<field-descriptor name="name"
column="NAME"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"/>
<field-descriptor name="description"
column="DESCRIPTION"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"/>
<collection-descriptor name="specifications"
element-class-ref="us.mn.state.dot.freebay.MinimumSpecification"
orderby="name"
sort="DESC">
<inverse-foreignkey field-ref="equipmentTypeId"/>
</collection-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>
Under RC4 everything works as expected. Im I doing something wrong
here? Im using Postgresql for the database and the ODMG API.
Thanks for your help,
Erik