Hi,
    I am using ojb1.0_rc5, ODMG api with OJB queries, mysql4 (innodb tables)
in Linux Red Hat 7.3 (kernel 2.4.20-20.7).
    I am using ObjectCacheDefaultImpl in my application as it's
read-intensive.
    I have some questions about the behavior of the timeout attribute in
ObjectCacheDefaultImpl.
        1- Is the timeout attribute new in rc5? In other words, did the
timeout attribute exist in rc4?
        2- If I configure the cache using the OJB.properties file like this:

ObjectCacheClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheDefaultImpl
                descriptorBasedCaches=false
            Is the timeout attribute set to 900 (default)?
            Is there a way I can set this attribute in the OJB.properties
file or is it only set through the <object-cache> tag in the repository?
        3- Is the time counter of a cached object reset when it is updated
(the object's data is changed and commited to the database)?
        4- If a cached object timeouts and it is still being referenced by
other objects in my application (it is not elegible for garbage collection),
will it be returned from cache or will the object's data be reloaded from db
in the same JVM object or will a new JVM object be created to hold the
reloaded data?

Thanks,
    Jair Jr