Well, I develop and setup my small test application from scratch. There
is one persistent class, a Test class which has main method,
OJB.properties, repository.xml and repository.dtd.

It all goes well but when I change Executor to Internal Execution it
generates some warnings and exceptions as follows:

[BOOT] WARN: Value "org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheDefaultImpl"
is illegal for key "ObjectCacheClass" (should be a class, using default
value class org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheDefaultImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value
"org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl" is
illegal for key "ConnectionFactoryClass" (should be a class, using
default value class
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value "org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl"
is illegal for key "LockManagerClass" (should be a class, using default
value class org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value "org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.InMemoryLockMapImpl" is
illegal for key "LockMapClass" (should be a class, using default value
class org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.PersistentLockMapImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value
"org.apache.ojb.broker.util.logging.PoorMansLoggerImpl" is illegal for
key "LoggerClass" (should be a class, using default value class
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.logging.PoorMansLoggerImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value
"org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.PersistentFieldDirectAccessI
mpl" is illegal for key "PersistentFieldClass" (should be a class, using
default value class
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.PersistentFieldDirectAccessIm
pl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value "org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl" is
illegal for key "PersistenceBrokerClass" (should be a class, using
default value class org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value "org.apache.ojb.odmg.collections.DListImpl_2" is
illegal for key "OqlCollectionClass" (should be a class, using default
value class org.apache.ojb.odmg.collections.DListImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value
"org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl" is
illegal for key "PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass" (should be a class,
using default value null)
[BOOT] ERROR: Creation of PersistenceBrokerFactory (PBF) instance
failed, can't get PBF class object
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(
Unknown Source)
        at kict.Test.main(Test.java:11)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
org.openide.execution.ThreadExecutor.executeClass(ThreadExecutor.java:11
6)
        at
org.openide.execution.ThreadExecutor$TERunnable.run(ThreadExecutor.java:
183)
        at
org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:118)
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.OJBRuntimeException: Property for key
'PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass' can not be found in properties file
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.init(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.<clinit>(Unkn
own Source)
        ... 9 more

Following is the first line of my main method:

System.setProperty("OJB.properties", "c:/work/test/OJB.properties");

Following is the line from OJB.properties:

repositoryFile=c:/work/test/repository.xml

Following segment has been taken from repository.xml:

<!DOCTYPE descriptor-repository PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD OJB Repository//EN"
       "file:///c:/work/test/repository.dtd"

One thing is to remember that it goes well when Executor is External.

I am will be thankful if someone gives me a solution. I have also used
Oracle TopLink and was really happy with that. I am really disappointing
to think that I've wasted 1 week just to setup that small application.

Regards
Aamir