I would tend to say that using anonymous primary keys and clearing the cache are mutually exclusive operations, unfortunately, as the cache is where the primary keys are stored.

Is using a per-broker cache an option? If so you will effectively have the cache cleared every time you obtain a new broker/close a broker.

-Brian

On Apr 21, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

I thought i could replace the default implementation
of persistend field with my own, but i saw no way
of doing this for anonymous fields. Why is this class
not configurable along with the other ones in the
ojb configuration file ? I know my needs may be
very specific, but ...

Cheers

Guillaume Nodet

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Guillaume Nodet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : mercredi 21 avril 2004 14:42
À : OJB Users List
Objet : Problem with clearing cache

I need to clear the ojb cache at some point in my program (namely after deleting all data in the database). The problem i have is that i use anonymous primary keys and the caches associated with the anonymous fields are not cleared. Would it be possible to had some mean of clearing these caches ?

The problem is that at some time, i've got errors when inserting
objects. I think that the key for the failing object is in cache
but not in the database so when a foreign key references it,
the insertion fails.

Thanks,
Guillaume Nodet