Hi Steve,

Steve Clark wrote:

Armin,

The Javadocs are admittedly not very clear.  From
org.odmg.Transaction#abort():

    Abort and close the transaction. Calling abort abandons all
    persistent object modifications and releases the associated
    locks. Aborting a transaction does not restore the state of
    modified transient objects.

The same text is in org.apache.ojb.odmg.TransactionImpl#abort().
Although it's not clear what it means to "abandon all persistent
object modifications",
it sounds like rolling back, and the explicit
mention of modifications to transient objects suggests that the
behavior is different for modifications to persistent objects,

hmm, I don't know the ODMG specification in detail but I unwillingly agree with you, seems it means rollback of all persistent object fields.
In that case I have to enable the "restore feature" again and have to fix the problem with the modified collection-references (1:n) :-(

I will have a look at it - stay tuned

So what are others doing about this situation?  Does everybody write
their own snapshot/rollback code?

You can simply request the object again after abort.