No, we didnt see any error messages relating to this, probably because the logging configuration is set in OJB.properties.

Did you get a log message about that ? If not, then I should add one to make this easier for the next person with the same problem.

No problem!
Just for the record: do you have to use ClassHelper#setClassLoader to make it work with RMI ?

No, we did not need to do that. All we needed to do was make sure OJB.properties, spy.properties, and the various repository.xml files could be found. There wasn't any RMI specific steps that needed to be taken beyond granting permission in the RMI.policy file. We didnt even need to add ojb.jar to the codebase list.

Brad

Tom