Yes, I have the repository.dtd in my WEB-INF/classes dir as well. I'm using that in Eclipse to validate my repository.xml file.

One difference is that I'm using Tomcat 5.0.18. Would you mind repeating your experiment using a version of Tomcat 5?

I'm trying to figure out what I know at this point:

1) when working on the command line, I can use my OJB.properties and repository.xml file just fine (and can pass 12 junit tests against my database)

2) when running inside Tomcat, OJB.properties is being read

3) when running inside Tomcat, repository.xml is being read

4) the error message that OJB is giving is either incorrect or not very useful

If you can try your test out in Tomcat 5, I'd love to know if that makes a difference.

phil.

Thomas Dudziak wrote:

WHIRLYCOTT wrote:

I have this in my OJB.properties file:

    repositoryFile=repository.xml

I purposely put some jibberish in the repository.xml file earlier on and I did indeed get an exception indicating that there was a problem reading the file. Based on this, I am assuming that the file is accessible and is being read.

I also know that the repository.xml file is valid because when I run my test cases inside Eclipse, I'm able to insert/update/select/delete from the database using the default connection.

It's very odd, but I'm thinking that there is a bug somewhere in the OJB code that loads the file. I started poking around the source earlier on and will try to get into it more later.

If you have more ideas, I'd love to hear them and try them out.

I just tried a very simple servlet that uses PB-Api with OJB, Tomcat 4.1.18, JDK 1.4.2 on WinXP, and it works. One thing I stumbled upon was that I forgot to put the repository.dtd into the classes folder. Since OJB parses XML files with validation turned on, this lead to an error in the XML parser. This is the layout that worked for me:

\<webappname>
  \WEB-INF
    web.xml
    \classes