WHIRLYCOTT wrote:
Yes, I have the repository.dtd in my WEB-INF/classes dir as well. I'm using that in Eclipse to validate my repository.xml file.

One difference is that I'm using Tomcat 5.0.18. Would you mind repeating your experiment using a version of Tomcat 5?

I'm trying to figure out what I know at this point:

1) when working on the command line, I can use my OJB.properties and repository.xml file just fine (and can pass 12 junit tests against my database)

2) when running inside Tomcat, OJB.properties is being read

3) when running inside Tomcat, repository.xml is being read

4) the error message that OJB is giving is either incorrect or not very useful

If you can try your test out in Tomcat 5, I'd love to know if that makes a difference.

Works also under Tomcat 5.0.25 freshly downloaded from Jakarta without any configuration of Tomcat.
I'll send you the webapp directly so you can test for yourself.

Tom