Hi Martin,

I try to reproduce your problem without success. Could you please post a test case or detail describe (some pseudo code) what your are doing?
By the way, do you use anonymous keys in collection objects?

Martin Marinschek wrote:
I found out that the problem occurs if the JavaServer Faces framework serializes an object and reloads it afterwards.

Is it forbidden to serialize and recreate OJB-created objects with proxies in it? Do I have to mark the lists created by OJB as transient?

But if they are transient, on recreation I will surely loose information... Should I write a converter for myself, being able to materialize the proxy-objects before they are serialized and serializing only the materialized objects?

best regards,

Martin

Martin Marinschek wrote:

Using OJB (release 1.0) in a web application (JSF, more clearly stated), I get an 'ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException' when using the collection-proxy-feature.

If I debug the situation, I find out that shortly before I call the 'ListProxyDefaultImpl.get(0)' method, the list claims that it has 2 entries, but it nevertheless throws the above mentioned exception...

The problem is that this failure occurs not always, but only from time to time and I am not quite sure what to do about it.

Anybody of you has a suggestion or a workaround? Or is this a bug?

Best regards,

Martin

at net.sourceforge.myfaces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.getProperty(PropertyResolverImpl.java:481)

... 74 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0
at java.util.Vector.get(Vector.java:709)
at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ListProxyDefaultImpl.get(ListProxyDefaultImpl.java:71)

at at.oekb.roncalli.customized.entity.CustomizedOfferLineImpl.getSummarizedCustomerCondition(CustomizedOfferLineImpl.java:36)

   ... 79 more

.