hi,

I have read some postings about OJB's datasource handling and I'm confused now.
It's said, that you have to
a.) put username/password both in the datasource.xml and repository_database.xml or
b.) let username/password blank and give it to the broker (with pbkey) at runtime.

why is that?

if I tell ojb in repository_database.xml to use a specifc JNDI datasource,
ojb could obtain a connection from this datasource without a password/username (because they are already configured wihtin the datasource), so why does ojb need them again?

thanks very much for your answers,
andreas