Hi Abid,

Abid Hussain wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have two questions which do not concern about the usage of OJB:

1.
On the OJB-homepage it says that the work for OJB 1.x has started in 11/2005 (http://db.apache.org/ojb/news.html). I just wondered about this, because the last entry on the page is from 12/2005. Are there any updates planned in the close future?

We are only a few active developer and during the past few months we
were concentrated on OJB 1.0.x, thus there was less progress on OJB
1.x/2.0 (and a few weeks ago I first had to merge changes from 1.0.x
with trunk).

The sources in OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch (pre 1.0.5) are stable, only a few
things had to be done (check compatibility with other databases and (if
needed) fix of database specific issues).

2.
Is there any reliable figures about how many people use OJB?
I'm just asking because when I talk to other developers about O/R-Mapping they mostly only know Hibernate and I wonder how OJB's standing is upon developers.

Sorry I don't have a OJB download statistic, but here you can find the
number of dev/user-list subscriber (scroll down)
http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists#db.apache.org
Think this give an impression why "a couple of" developer don't know OJB
;-)
Seriously I think compared with Hibernate OJB is relatively unknown.

Regards,

Abid