thx.

if i don't defin the connection-pool clause in the repository.xml what is
the default behavor about the
connection managment in ojb ?

On 10/27/06, Armin Waibel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Marwane wrote:
> thx for your reply.
> so we use only the maxActive declared in OJB.properties. in the
> repository.xml we dont use
> the connection-pool elements.

Keep in mind that OJB use two different pools by default. An PB-pool
(settings in OJB.properties file) and a connection-pool (setting within
the connection-pool element in repository file).

>> > we use maxActif in 1000 the problem persist.
It seems that the error is caused by the broker-pool and not by the
connection-pool. Normally the connection is associated with the PB when
PB-tx starts or a query is performed - thus always after the PB is
requested from the PB-pool.
If the suggestions from Eric and Dennis doesn't solve your problem I
suppose you have a PB leak in your code.

> regards.
>
> On 10/26/06, Dennis Bekkering <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> when i have a quick look it seems to be about the broker pool and not
>> the connection pool. Check your OJB.properties and set maxActive to
>> the same value as maxActive of the connection pool settings in
>> repository_database.xml. I am not sure about it but your problem
>> happened to me once this way and it was solved by doing as i suggest.
>>
>> regards,
>> Dennis
>>
>> 2006/10/26, Marwane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> > hi
>> > we have a web application on production used about 500 users.
>> > we use default value of ojb parameters (maxActif: 100 ....).
>> > we are getting frequently the message indicating that we can't borrow
>> > connection from pool. even if
>> > we use maxActif in 1000 the problem persist.
>> > we need your help and give us some leads.
>> >
>> > stack trace :
>> >
>> > org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFactoryException: Borrow broker from pool
>> failed,
>> > using PBKey org.apache.ojb.broker.PBKey: jcdAlias=default,
>> user=db2bmce,
>> > password=*****
>> >     at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)
>> >     at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
>> >     at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:43)
>> >     at org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableRuntimeException
>> .<init>(
>> > NestableRuntimeException.java:86)
>> >     at org.apache.ojb.broker.OJBRuntimeException.<init>(Unknown
Source)
>> >     at org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFactoryException.<init>(Unknown
Source)
>> >     at

org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl.createPersistenceBroker

>> (Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >     at

org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryBaseImpl.defaultPersistenceBroker

>> (Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >     at

org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker
>> (Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >     at

ma.co.omnidata.framework.services.dao.ojb.OJBPersistenceService.getBroker(

>> > OJBPersistenceService.java:156)
>> >     at

ma.co.omnidata.framework.services.dao.ojb.OJBPersistenceService.newSession

>> (
>> > OJBPersistenceService.java:250)
>> >     at

ma.co.omnidata.framework.services.transaction.impl.TransactionManagerImpl.getTransaction

>> > (TransactionManagerImpl.java:39)
>> >     at

ma.co.omnidata.framework.services.businessInterface.OMNIFacade.invokeService

>> > (OMNIFacade.java:55)
>> >     at

ma.co.omnidata.framework.services.ihm.struts.core.OMNIBaseAction.invokeBusiness

>> > (OMNIBaseAction.java:120)
>> >     at

com.rmawatanya.convergence.application.technique.habilitation.ihm.action.HabLogonAction.doExecute

>> > (HabLogonAction.java:47)
>> >     at

com.rmawatanya.convergence.application.technique.habilitation.ihm.action.HabLogonAction.execute

>> > (HabLogonAction.java:35)
>> >     at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform
(
>> > RequestProcessor.java:421)
>> >     at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(
>> > RequestProcessor.java:226)
>> >     at
>> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java
>> > :1164)
>> >     at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(
ActionServlet.java
>> :415)
>> >     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
>> >     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:851)
>> >     at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(
>> > ServletWrapper.java:1246)
>> >     at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(
>> > ServletWrapper.java:380)
>> >     at
>> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest
>> (
>> > CacheServletWrapper.java:80)
>> >     at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(
>> WebContainer.java
>> > :1724)
>> >     at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(
>> > WCChannelLink.java:79)
>> >     at

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(

>> > HttpInboundLink.java:422)
>> >     at

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(

>> > HttpInboundLink.java:319)
>> >     at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(
>> > HttpInboundLink.java:288)
>> >     at

com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminaters