Hi Sergey and Armin.
I'm using Ojb since 0.9, so 4-5 years, even if I just used the persistence
broker.
I see that Ojb is not growing up, anyway I never had a problem with it, and
I think it is a great product.
I think that now I'm ojb dependent and I couldn't work without it.
I work in Spain and in the last 2 years here people started with ORM, and
all the world went to Hibernate.
When I started with ojb and I talked about ORM people didn't know what this
was.
I never felt the need to switch to Hibernate, because ojb is perfect for my
needing, and I always had the freedom to choose technology which work with.
Anyway I'm afraid that some day some manager will order me to switch, to
align the company technology, but I have arguments to say no.
Why switch to a similar technology and pay the effort, if this one never
gave problems?, is so easy to use?
I'm not a so good engineer, anyway if you want, just tell me what can I do
to help. I will organize my work so to have time for ojb. In some week I
could be ready to start.
I developed a framework called mandragora http://mandragora.sourceforge.net/ ,
I already talked in this forum about it, but nobody was interested.
It is based on Ojb, with the idea to make it more easy to use, hiding it, in
the same way ojb hide sql. The idea is to put a layer above it.
So I developed  lots of methods, from the easy findbyprimarykey to more
complex updateTrees, to update very structured business object just in a
line of code. The idea is that in a MVN application, the controller calls
methods of and interface BD (Business Delegate), and this do all the work
using a generic DAO based on Ojb. It is very, configurable so that can be
choosed the class implementing The BD and the DAO.
The BD and DAO can be easily extended
Have a look, even if documentation is very poor, (I'm working on it).

Tank you again for ojb
Best Regards
Alessandro Colantoni